Tuesday 1 October 2013

A great honour...

A few months ago, whilst I was away travelling to visit my parents, I received an email to say that a photo of some cookies I had entered into a competition had been chosen to be one of 15 finalists out of 170 entries. It was the first official competition I had ever entered my cookies into and, for me, it wasn't just any competition. It was SweetAmbs Springtime competition. 

Amber of SweetAmbs, is one of my cookie heroes and to say I was shocked to be chosen by her as a finalist was an understatement. As I explained it to my Mum, it was like being nominated for an Academy Award, just making it to be a finalist was enough really, it didn't matter if I won or not!

                            

The cookies that I entered were my wet-on-wet butterfly's. These butterfly's always get lots of lovely comments and I have to thank Marion from Montreal Confections for the inspiration. 

To be made a finalist by Amber was really a great affirmation for me that my passion for this hobby comes through in my work. Thank you Amber, it meant so much to me.

Belle

Ps. My apologies for this late post but I was a little busy with the arrival of bub #2 see my previous post "my recent work" ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you entered the contest! Your butterfly cookies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for stopping by and your lovely comments!

      Delete